Monday, November 13, 2006

The Voyage of Self Discovery

For those who are not in the loop of my Ramadhan activity, here's the news: Went to UIA Gombak for a week. Why? To mug. Seriously! (also to hand in overdue assignmentsss lar)







My adventurous journey started in the west-north train. My big bag which covers half of me attracted some individual's attention. Mr Ismail especially, (yeah.. i know his name coz he gave me a slip of paper consisting name n fone number) as he approached me asking if i'm going for a holiday (duh!). Since i was memorising Surah al-Haaqqah, he also asked if i'm well conversed in Arab. I let him talk and talk. I just smiled. And i board the train. Without him. Pheuh. He asked me to call... which of course i wont.

First time travelling alone.

Alone... but not lonely.

I was accompanied by my self-reflection. And Alhamdulillah, there are people protecting me. Or at least constantly looking upon my welfare. The bus service i took from Singapore carried 2 men and myself. Excluding 2 drivers. The pakciks drivers constantly checked on me if i'm ok. So sweet of them :)

Hey~ I'm not gonna go through day-by-day account. Just few things i wanna remember.


I MISS SCHOOL!!!!!!
I MISS CAMPUS LIFE!!!!!
I MISS LECTURES!!!!
I MISS LIBRARIES!!!

I JUZ MISS EVERY THING!!!
except the exams, really.


Other than that, i realised i'm capable of attending Arab lecture (i may need a big dictionary still, but i survived)

We also learnt to smell the flowers. Despite the busy tasks we have. Coz life contains choices.

Oh! Mental note: To read biography of Malcolm X. Have to search for the book at Kino should i go there again.

And last but not least, Sarah... thank you for having me. Cant thank you enuff, really.

Kinda lazy to write more. Enjoy the pics.


The winding road to mahallah Ameenah.







The view from where we mug.















The boy at the Malcolm X talk.











lalalala~
Humaira
cramp cramp cramp

No comments: