Thursday, December 30, 2004

Art Exploration Camp org by Youth Inc

I'm off to an Art Exploration Camp @ NAFA!

The campus is unique, as it's situated in the middle of a busy road. There's a mosque right infront of it actually... called as Masjid Bencoolen. Interesting mosque.

So i went there. Was very pissed off early in the morning lar. My client's children decided to 'bubble' me at the very last minute. Here's the story.

I have a number of Out-of-School youth clients. Thus, i suggested that they participate in this camp as it is designed for them. Initially, they agreed. Parents signed the forms. I even went to their house the day before the 1st day of camp to ensure that they'll attend. They dun wanna go, they said. The eldest sister said she may be called up for work. The brother is kinda sick, the youngest brother is not staying with the family at the moment. Ok then.... so i went back. They smsed me saying that they might come. Ok lah... i was happy. Until the next day when i was on my way in the cab, she smsed again saying that she didnt wanna go. FICKLE!!!!!! Sooo pissed!!

In a way, i should have pre-empted that. They have not been to school for a time being, and quite incompetent in social skills. They might be scared of meeting new people. I'm determined to not give up on them. Pissed can. Give up cannot.

I was happy tho' that Hanafy was there, as well as my centre's other client. He's a volunteer also anyway.

The camp was a very good exposure for all of us. For me personally, i've made considerably good networks with the enthusiastic youths who're very zealous in volunteering. Din, for example, as weird as he might look (heh!), he is so lovable and so helpful. He volunteered in a Hospice before and be friend a cancer patient. He began volunteering since primary 2. How kewl is that. Other than Din, i met Hidayah, her cousin (gosh! i'm very bad at names!!), Ezzat and OSCAR!! yes! Oscar! How can i forget Oscar. She's the MAN behind this camp. A manager of NAFA's Student Affairs, she is the epitome of dynamic and sensitive. Her artworks are marvelous!! And she inspired me to start my very own scrapbook.

I had a number of first experiences in this camp. Excellent Exploration camp. You dont only explore Arts, you explore yourself..... by doing art. Interesting huh?

The most memorable one: The sculpturing. I didnt know what i've sculptured, dun ask me wat's that. But, before that THING was coloured, i have the official cameraman admiring my artwerk. I'm complimented! Blushy Nevermind what i think/feel after it was coloured.

I had soo much fun sculpturing that i asked more plaster powder to bring home. So i can make one at home or office! wooOOoHHoOOOooO!!

The last day of the camp, Dr Vivian came to visit us. That was a tough moment for organisers as initial news informed us that Doc was called up for an urgent meeting by the Prime Minister at 2pm. He's supposed to be with us @ that time. But then, the later news informed that he'll still want to come to see us after the urgent meeting. So sweet of him.

To welcome him, we did a mural painting. Kewl!!! The end product is excellent!!!!!!!

The 3-day non-residental camp was very tiring.

Nyte!


the sculpture making Posted by Hello






No comments: