Sunday, February 20, 2005

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad

Carry you around when your athritis is bad
All i wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
I'll kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

I'll need you
I'll feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you....

Cair.. cair... Melt melt...

I'm a sucker when it comes to romantic flick...... call me a minah or a hopeless romantic.. i dun care. I know for sure, it helps me to haf some hope. Or at least fantasizing that those kinds of romantic men still exist in our society today. Watching those kind of movies (occasionally) also helps to remind me the important message in life.. that is... i still love Men.

Its so easy to hate men, especially when one works in this line. There's just so many real life examples that make me point all my five fingers to the men who make their family's lives so difficult. Hey! I have my fair share of bumping into those kinda men too... but, i still luv them nevertheless. My dad's not perfect. He made me worry sick, just because he refused to take his medicines. My brother's male ego is taller than him! His guts make me sick most of the time. I had a brush of 'not so successful' relationship with a guy whom i thought can control me, but failed to do so. Nevertheless... i appreciate these human flaws. Because they're human. And i hope, i'll still feel the same way after celebrating my 10th anniversary into this profession.

As i said earlier, its easy to hate men when you face with the bad 'male ambassador' everyday. You cant help but to form negative perception towards the general men, based on the characteristics that you're exposed to everyday. I've seen seniors (in other agencies tho') who talk about men as if they're bandits... created by Allah to make our lives more difficult. Ok, that's too extreme. Nevertheless, these people are 'trained' to be very skeptical towards the opposite gender that it kinda affects the rapport. I dun wanna be like them. I dun wanna be a feminist.

Women have their share of nonsense as well. We can be needy, non dependable, we talk non stop, we think too much.. and the list can go on.....

I can write more, but i wanna watch Black Hawk Down.
From fantasy, to the grim reality... sigh...

Humaira.... preparing to grow old

No comments: