Saturday, July 29, 2006

Its Really My Way

The journalism class has been fun so far, alhamdulillah.

News flash: Blogging is not journalistic, as it does not comform to the ethical guidelines practised by the conventional journalists.

Hmm... If its only about ethical guidelines, i would say, it is not ethical too to generalise all bloggers to be incapable of abiding to the rules.

I see this as journalistic.

My eyes see this as journalism.

Journalism teaches me to express.

And i'm expressing according to what i see as worth expressing it... for the benefit of 'ilm and fikrah building.

Hmmm...

Those internal disagreement with my lecturer aside, I shall tell you about a song i learnt during the latest class.

Why did we learn the song in the class?

To drive the message that our writings need to be SIMPLE.

Back to the song, I've heard it so many times before, but hearing it and reading the lyrics again just gave me new meaning. I never thought the song could describe the very feeling i'm bearing.

Ladies and gentlemen...
I present you....
My Way
By Frank Sinatra

And now, the end is near;
And so i face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what i had to do
And saw it through without exepmtion.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When i bit off more than i could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood talll
And did it my way.


I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may i say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And i did it my way!


Humaira
Write to express... Not to impress

No comments: