Wednesday, March 23, 2005

::in YLS mode::

Had a meeting @ YM just now. Got to meet some new faces lar.. and an old one too.. heh... I always wonder how Kak Zahara gets her enthusiasm. Its like a bright torchlight with never ending battery seh!! Luv her optimism too.. and most of all, LUV her generosity! =D (we get $$$$ and LOTS of suggestions)

Its in meetings like this that make me feel appreciated doing the things that i've been doing. Bukannya harapkan pujian semata2... but, it helps boost both my ego n drive for activism. InsyaAllah... ini hanya sedikit kemanisan yang Allah berikan kita rasa. Tapi, ini bukanlah matlamat/niat sebenar sesuatu amalan. Sekadar bonus....

Actually, feeling appreciated is not the primary factor i feel elated at the moment. Its the feeling that i am heard. I feel acknowledged. I feel that my worries and concerns for the community is being considered and taken note of. I feel important. And i believe, my comrades feel the same way too.

Just compare ourselves to our neighbours! A Malaysian counterpart informed us that their meeting with A minister is a LUXURY. Its one in a LIFETIME experience. A situation SOOO different from our small little island! Here, even the skaters @ Orchard pon dah bebual kopi ngan Dr Maliki. I believe, the tertiary student leaders especially, have met Prof Yaacob COUNTLESS of times. Aren't we all lucky? (Alhamdulillah)

I consider myself EXTRA lucky for being surrounded by WONDERFUL ensemble of comittee members. Each with different expertise, each with varied perspectives. I have been learning a lot about organisational work and strategising. If any of you guys reading this, my heartfelt thanks to all, each and everyone of you. Lets grow together, develop together. Remind me of my weakness, stroke me for my strength.

Together, to develop the best in youth.... for Allah

humaira.... blessed

No comments: