Saturday, April 23, 2005

I'm infatuated by the song Blower's Daughter (i know i know... ja must be jumping up n down shouting she'd typed the song ages ago in her blog) i re-heard it on TV lately. Thus the latest craze.

Enjoy the video by the man himself, Mr Damien Rice, singing the song. You can catch it at
www.damienrice.com.

The Blower's Daughter
And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I cant take my eyes off of you
i cant take my eyes....

And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes...

Did i say that i loathe you?
Did i say that i want to leave it all behind?

I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind...
my mind.. my mind..
'Til i find somebody new

So, who's the Blower's daughter? Is Mr Damien having a crush on his music teacher's daughter? Is this song about obsession? Anyway, for those who haf heard the song, stand with me if u agree that u can feel the sadness and the sincerity... the eagerness to be with someone so dear...! awwwwwwww................. humaira's in one of those feel-y feel-y mood again....

This song is the soundtrack for the movie Closer (the RA film i watched with Ja). The story of relationships turn bad.

Some note worthy quotes i remember from the movie...

Dan: When i get back, please tell me the truth
Alice: Why?
Dan: Because i'm addicted to it. Because without it, we're animals. Trust me.
Alice: I don't want to lie. I can't tell the truth. So it's over.

Alice: Where is this love? I can't see it, I can't touch it. I can't feel it. I can hear it. I can hear some words, but i can't do anything with your easy words.

Larry: You don't know the first thing about love, because you don't understand compromise

Dan: What's so great about the truth? Try lying for a change, it's the currency of the world

As you can see, the story's about finding the meaning of love, truth and of course lust. Essentially, this story's about MAN. Full of err and contradictions.
I'm so glad i dun haf to lead life tt's directionless. Religion gives meaning to life. I pity them more than myself.

Oh well... character-wise, I'm Alice (my fav character in the story); young, 'naive', revengeful, a silent rebel and essentially private. She keeps her truth with her... guiding it like a real gem... no one knows her real identity...

Zakiah... humaira... ironica...Alice... Jane... wateva...
A name.. a masquerade for true self

humaira.... counting days to payday

No comments: