Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Family Life Cycles

Eid Mubarak to Muslims all over the world.

The preparation to celebrate the day wasnt much. I was too sad to leave the blessed month of Ramadhan. Nevertheless, the day came with renewed relationships and love between human beings. I'm happy.

It's normal for my family to visit my eldest maternal aunt during the first day of Raya because
(1) She's the eldest aunt (duh)
(2) She cooks GOOOOOOOODDDDD SINFUL food
(3) Meeting point for all married cousins and unmarried ones
(4) Photo-taking session

Yerp. We did all those, ALL.

Met my second and youngest (thus far) niece, Irdina. She's 5 month old and sooo round!! Hehe.. and so manja. She refused to sleep unless someone cuddles her to bed. So, i hugged and 'serenaded' her to sleep. The feeling was good. Humaira says Hello motherly instinct! =D

My family is growing larger.. both physically and in numbers. I'm appreciative as i've always wanted to have a large family. More people to talk to, to visit, and to care for. As the new ones are born... the older ones are beginning to take a back seat. One person who has changed the most, is my eldest aunt.

She was a SUPERB cook. I can force myself to eat her delicious satay or fried lontong even when i'm full to the brim. This year, nature is taking a toll on her. As another aunt mentioned, she has over-used the tools endowned by God, and its asking to take a break. Indeed. One thing i can assure my aunt is, she has utilised her God's gift tool to the fullest.

My heart breaks seeing her putting in effort to walk. She ages so fast.

In my heart, i remember her as the supermom to 4 wonderful cousins of mine. She has brought them up with her never-ending patience and graceful silence as tools for disciplining.

She was a supermom to me too. Taking care of me when i was in pre-school years, while my mom works.

My aunt.... the indicator of change in our family life cycle.

Humaira
Renewed Self in Family

No comments: