Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I, too, had an interesting weekend =P

Everyone seems to be talking about their weekend.

Oh~

My interesting thoughts i had last weekend!

Interesting Thought #1: Traveling.

My family has a knack for it.

My Cik Mi travels excessively. It becomes second nature to her as she works in Saudi. She worked in Brunei before. Her next travel destination is Russia.

Cik Ya travels too. Just came back from Umrah, her destinations include China, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon (and the loong list goes on).

Kak Mas too (and her husband, abang Herman) travel. They just came back from Turkey. Their honeymoon destinations include Japan, Germany and South Africa.

I'm deeply envious of them.

I know my family. They come from humble background. Just like the average you and me (actually, i consider myself below middle class) But, how can they afford the luxuries????

The weekend family gathering taught me some values in life:
- Identitfy what's important in life and pursue it.
- Be smart (especially with your $$)
- If you wanna travel, get a group tour. Its actually cheaper.
- The experience is far more valueable than the souvenirs bought from each country
- Make new friends while you travel. Be adventurous. The World is your playground.
- Better start moving further from just KL!!!

I'm deeply inspired.

Humaira shouts: I wanna see the World too. But first, lemme see some $$ in my bank account. Heh!

Interesting Thought #2: Migrating

I never knew migrating is an encouraged idea in my family. I thought it would be very difficult for any family to let their loved ones to be away from them. But, the very fact that my family has accepted my aunt to work in Saudi, i should have known their receptiveness towards migrating.

I've thought about it. And... the idea is always very inviting.

Isn't it nice to be able to start afresh? To be given an opportunity to start your life on a piece of clean paper/cloth?

Cik Mi: Migrate jer Nur... Bagus.. timba pengalaman. Creates different perspective in you.
Kak Ina: A ah Cik Mi. Ina pon kalau boleh nak migrate jugak. Stress lar tinggal kat Singapore nih!
Cik Mi: Haa.. Bagus! Then u must work for it lar.
Humaira: (silent) I would migrate. But I'm a Social Worker. My profession roots me to the land.
Cik Mi: Apa pulak? Cik Mi jumpa banyak Social Workers who made it big in the international scene. You just have to further your studies. Work hard so that people create opportunity for you. Its possible.
Humaira: (Hmmm.. very inspired.. but...) Memang betul. Given a chance, i wud pursue that. Tapi Cik Mi.. kalau semorang kluar.. semorang migrate.. saper nak kisah pasal our community in Singapore? What's gonna happen to the ummah here? Hmmm.. Let me stay here and do that work. A lot of work to be done on our community ajer.
Cik Yah: Hmmm... point noted.

I dunno whether i'm being foolish and stupid, or naive and ambitious. I would WANT to achieve those big dreams, but i also know.. i'm NEEDed here, now, doing what i'm doing.

Allah a'lam.
Show me the right path. Puh-leaaazzzeee....

Humaira
Serious entries make my head spin.

No comments: